Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday Meltdowns

Wow, I need a vacation...oh wait moms don't get vacations. Boy was yesterday a doozie. It turns out Avery has now discovered the art of tantrum throwing. In a matter of two days my darling daughter has figured ouet how to fake cry, throw a meltdown and drive her momma to want to pull out her own hair. Ok. Ok. Ok. Maybe it wasn't that bad but seriously, yesterday rough.

Last week when Avery was sick we cuddled and snuggled and I pretty much carried and held her all day long. I think that was my mistake. Now, she screa'tms if I don't pick her up, leave the room for a brief millisecond or even set her down. She has discovered how to fake cry when I take a toy away from her or when she doesn't get her way. She will start to fake cry and then get so upset that Im pretty sure she has no idea why she started crying in the first place.  I have been trying to just ignore the behavior but i'm not going to lie it's pretty annoying and I can only handle so much screaming. Of course I wonder if there could be something else that is really wrong but it seems that her mood can switch instantaneously. Something will make her laugh or catch her attention and she will be fine. Crazy! Anyways, I would love some tips on how to deal with these behaviors or what you are doing to try and prevent them.

Praying today will be a better day!
XOXO
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment