Sooooo... I decided to join Weight Watchers last week. This is the first "real diet" I have been on...ever. I have always watched my weight and tried to lead a healthy lifestyle for as long as I can remember. Being a ballet dancer kinda forces you to be obsessed with your body image (whether its healthy or not). Before Avery was born I was teaching ballet 6 days a week so I was always working out for my job. Now that she is here and Im not working things have kinda gone by the wayside. I wish I could be able to work out once or twice a week. Im lucky if I get one good 30 minute cardio session in. Partly that is my fault, I have such a hard time leaving her but also when I do have a free moment Im exhausted. Well enough of the poor me, I hate my body attitude. Im dieting and so far so good.
I am using Weight Watchers new Points Plus Program. So far so good. I have been on it a week and I have already lost a pound and a half. Yay Me! It turns out 3 of my neighbors, my mother and my sister are all doing it so I feel like I have a great support system.
I have found some great websites online that calculate points for you. Ginas Skinny Recipes is a great one. She has yummy, easy recipes and all the points are listed for you. She also lists the nutritional information for you in case you are following another diet plan. Tonight I made her skinny tuna noodle casserole and it tasted just like the real thing. We have also tried the pork carnitas, sloppy joes, and chicken divan. I thought all of them were pretty yummy and even my husband gave them rave reviews. Hopefully I can keep up this diet and drop those last 10 pounds...bathing suit season is right around the corner!!!!
Fingers crossed I will look like this again :)


No comments:
Post a Comment